Forms product by operating CNC equipment.
1. Determines sequence of operations by studying blueprints, specifications, and the job plan of each specific item code program.
2. Prepares machine for production by positioning stops, guides, and utilization of vacuum chucks.
3. Regulates machining by setting and adjusting controls.
4. Produces parts by running programs for specific item codes, reference points on work piece with rule, compass, template, etc.; positioning or aligning work piece against stops and guides; operating equipment.
5. Maintains specifications by observing operations; detecting malfunctions; inspecting parts; adjusting controls.
6. Resolves production problems by altering process to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
7. Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
8. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
9. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Manufacturing Quality, Controls and Instrumentation, Equipment Maintenance, Manufacturing Experience, Mechanical
Inspection Tools, Decision Making, Tooling, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Judgment, Job Knowledge. Must have High
School Diploma or GED.