Quality Quartz Engineering, an industry leader in machined quartz manufacturing is seeking an experienced multi-level Programmer/Inspector. The Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Operator/Inspector writes and installs programs for the CMM that accurately measures production parts to ascertain their conformance with customer drawings. The CMM Operator/Inspector maintains quality and safety standards, prepares and safe keeps CMM records, ensures necessary CMM availability by appropriately scheduling and maintaining all CMM equipment and maintains necessary supplies for the CMM department.
At least 5 years of experience in CMM operation and formal training in GD&T and writing CMM programs for Mitutoyo CMM's. A High School Diploma or GED is required. Attention to detail and ability to exercise sound judgment with time sensitive confidential information.
1. Writes CMM programs, incorporating appropriate details from studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, and interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
2. Verifies CMM settings by measuring positions of first-run parts and sample work pieces, while adhering to international standards.
3. Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and arranging for and supervising supplier repairs as needed.
4. Communicates in writing to the appropriate machine operators any irregularities, and programming changes so all shifts are aware of part performances.
5. Schedules CMM activities so that on time delivery goals are achieved.
6. Advanced knowledge of mechanical tolerancing.
7. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
8. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
9. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new requests, making suggestions and exploring opportunities to add value to company operations.
10. Perform tasks to meet the requirements of the QQE Quality Management System such as record and document control.
1. Working knowledge of computers to be able to work with on-line manuals, maintain records, etc.
2. Working knowledge of Controls and Instrumentation.
3. Experience in Process Improvement techniques.
4. Good conceptual capabilities and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to work as part of a team to ensure achievement of Company goals
Quality Quartz Engineering is an acknowledged leader in the field of machined quartzware for the semiconductor and scientific industries. We offer competitive wages (starting rates depends on experience) and a full range of benefits including medical and dental insurance, vision coverage, vacation benefits, profit sharing, and 401K.
Apply in person 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. M-F or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.